Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Wilson Reading System for 1:1 Instruction

Image from Wilson Language Training


 I am focusing on the Wilson Reading System with one of my students who will be new to it this year. I have decided to focus on this, again this year, because this student is significantly behind in her reading.  I will be working with her 1:1 during our time together.  This is a change because typically I work with students in small groups.  Individual student needs 1:1 instruction. 

I will have to revamp the class time she is with me because I had her grouped with two other students. I can tell that won't work and I will have to adjust things.  This should impact student learning by give her 1:1 attention and time.  It will also allow the other students who were going to be with her the ability to move at a faster pace.  

I do not need additional resources for this goal.  I will continue to talk with colleagues who are also trained in Wilson and continue to use their site for resources.  I will have to research for specific progression of skills.  

She currently reads 49 words per minute, has no work attack skills, and does not use or understand context clues.  She will reread a sentence again and again (due to her low speed) hoping to comprehend.  She verbalizes her frustrations.  

I will use weekly Wilson data, IEP data,  and FAST testing throughout the year to gage her progress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment