Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Immediate Data for Communication and Response

 I am wanting to focus on communication with the IEP team, but more specifically, the data pertaining to the student. I feel it is important for all team members to be able to look and analyze the students' data. The Iowa IDEA website is a great place to enter data on the IEP but only holds the basic data. By having data available live through google documents, all members of the IEP team can access in depth data at any time. 

I currently have most of my students' data being collected with pencil and paper. The paraprofessional or teacher that is collecting that data typically turns the data sheets into me on Fridays to be entered into the IEP system. This is nice to have the data at the end of the week, but does not allow for immediate or quick response to some behaviors. Having live data also allows for others to read specific comments, positive or negative, on any given situation. 

I will dig into reaching on the importance of communication between members of IEP teams. I will look for my research through various online websites and more specifically through the AEA website. I will know it worked through observations, and increased communication with the IEP team members. 

No comments:

Post a Comment