Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Differentiating in Canvas for Independent Work

Image by ClipartMax (Canvas Logo)


I want to give more structure and have more check points in my classroom. I want to still incorporate self-paced math but having the classroom foundation of student accountability in order to progress through the standards appropriately. This summer I rearranged the scope and sequence of my math content with specific dates of when different standards were to be taught.  For example 5.NBT.5 multiplying whole numbers is a three week unit. All essential standards has a corresponding unit packet and students will continue to work through these packets (usually) in a self-paced manner. 

What happens when students finish the packet will look different this year.  Instead of continuing to the next essential standard, I am working an "Independent work" section on canvas that students will have different enrichment and extension opportunities. I am going to use my ICDP as time to research the best methods of designing the Independent work unit packets as well as the extension activities that students will be doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment