Monday, September 20, 2021

Positive Psychology, SEL, and Mental Health

 

Image by Pixabay (coffee)

My focus area will be Positive Psychology/SEL/Mental Health. I feel like this focus is not only useful as a teacher, but necessary. There are so many students and staff members that would benefit from learning and utilizing more mental health awareness in their classrooms. I would like to be more intentional about my implementation of different strategies. This is not only due to my interest and personal connection to these topics, but it is also something that I found was a concerning area among students last year (and previous years). I asked students about their personal experiences and their connections with teachers. Based upon these conversations and a survey, I began researching best ways to support students. By focusing on any and all of these areas, students will feel more secure and supported by their teachers. My resources will come from educator websites, CDC/mental health sites, and many others. I believe that much of my evidence may exist within my classroom environment and relationships with students. It may also be by way of participation and investment in my courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment