Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Executive Functions before Middle School

 I have decided to learn more about executive functions as my ICDP goal this year.  The biggest reason to work on these is to help bridge the gap as my students are preparing to enter Middle School.  Research shows that many students are not born with these skills and need to learn them, just as they do any other skill.

     Over the years, I have noticed a difference in what students can handle and I want to go back to boosting that up.  I want to work with them on  areas that will include things like self control, planning, organizing themselves, working on instructions, and being able to take on multiple tasks/multiple stepped tasks.  I am hoping this will help them be successful as them move forward, both in school and in life outside of school.

1 comment:

  1. These are great, life-long skills that will not only benefit them in middle school, but also in life!

    ReplyDelete