Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Guided Reading with Intentionality

 

Cute cheerful little girl reading book wearing glasses, isolated over white. Stock Photo. Clipart.com School Edition, Vital Imagery Ltd., 05-09-2013, https://schools.clipart.com/download.php?iid=639741&tl=photos. Accessed 29-09-2021.

This year my focus for my ICDP goal is going to be guided reading.  I feel like I've focused on math instruction a lot in past years and need to spend time focusing on reading instruction.  Last year I was able to dabble in Literacy Footprints with my online students and then when I moved back onsite, I was able to continue.  I want my guided reading groups to be calm and intentional.  I want the kids to walk away with a love for reading and writing and having grown in their abilities everyday.   Looking at Leveled Benchmark data from the end of the year last year, I have quite a few 1st graders that did not meet end of year goal in Kindergarten.  I will be taking the Literacy Footprint Guided Reading class once a month with Jenn Burns and Erin Klopstad.  I will be using Next Steps Teacher's Guide to Guided Reading text along with videotaping myself working with students and digging deeper into the why and how of each piece of a guided reading lesson.  I will know students have been impacted by this goal when I do the Jan Richardson Leveling Benchmark at the end of the year and students will have grown at least 1 year or met the end of year goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment