Monday, October 18, 2021

Alternative Assssments



 For my ICDP I want to learn more about tying the essential elements to alternate assessment tests and how these assessments can be illustrated in my student's iep goals.  Teresa Kaloupek is the master of this, and I'd like to learn more on how to tie these all together.  We give these alternate assessments, and currently they seem to not reflect the topics we teach or progress is not reflected on student iep goals.  When essential elements and alternate assessment are used together, they can drive our iep goals for our students.  Current practice leaves these three pieces jumbled and confused.

 

My learning into the essential elements has been progressing this past year as I've taken the elementary life skills sped position, and I have more to learn on how to adapt these to students.  I've worked on looking at curriculum, student needs, and progression for teaching.  More work needs done in this area, as well as incorporating alternate assessment into this mix.  My learning will come from studying with Teresa as well as researching trainings from the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment