Monday, October 18, 2021

Literacy Footprints with Guided Reading


 I will be doing my ICDP on using the Literacy Footprints Kit so that I can be a better with Guided Reading teacher.

Being consistent and more intentional about using the kits will hopefully allow our students to make more growth in Guided Reading.

I will be more intentional about taking notes during Guided Reading groups, I will be more consistent about seeing each of my groups and I will be intentional about using shared reading strategies. I believe this will allow students to grow.

My  plan to use some of the shared reading ideas that we learned from Jennifer Burns will also be beneficial and allow our students even more growth. EK now has the goal of getting students to a level C by the end of the school year. Last year our EK data showed that we had only 34% reading at a level C. The goal is to use the kits for the entire time we are doing our Guided Reading groups .

My research will be focused on improving student achievement by using the Literacy Footprints kit to improve student achievement and prepare them for kindergarten. I will also use strategies in Jan Richardson's book in conjunction with the kits as well as shared reading strategies from Jennifer Burns. Using the books "The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading and "The Next Step Forward in Word Study and Phonics", the Literacy Footprints kits and information from Jennifer Burns will improve my teaching.

I will know growth was made by using our leveling information from last year. 

To be successful with implementation of all strategies our leveling data will improve from last year to the end of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment