Monday, October 18, 2021

Learning after Trauma



 I am going to focus this year on trauma and school.  I am finding more and more that my students are experiencing more trauma and they do not have ways to cope with it. In a day and age of technology, kids often turn to the computer to find the information and that can lead them down some very shady paths if not done correctly.  By learning more about how to help trauma and coping with today's issues, I will not only be able to help my own students but I will also be able to help the population as a whole in the building.  

Learning to handle trauma will help my students be more successful in their daily lives not only in my classroom but long after they are gone from these walls. Unfortunately, trauma is becoming a bigger issue each passing year.  As we know now, no student has had a normal school year in awhile.  The last time my 8th graders had a normal school year was in 5th grade. That was their first year with me.  The rest of the kids in this building have never had a normal school year in this building.  

No comments:

Post a Comment